Here are quick and easy ice maker repair troubleshooting tips that you should always remember. Call Appliance Doctor Inc. to help, a company specializing in appliance repair in Lee County:
- Check the bail wire. It is seen on the upper side of the ice tray. Make sure it is in a downward position. Bail wire in upper position shuts off the ice maker. Bail wire automatically shuts off when the ice bin is filled with ice, shutting off the ice maker.
- Check the water supply. It is seen behind or beneath the ice maker. Check if the arm is swinging into motion and there is a buzzing sound if it does then the water supply is not supplying enough water. Make sure that the water supply is not stuck and is supplying water smoothly.
- Check the tube line that fills the ice tray. Make sure it is not frozen. Frozen tube lines stop the flow of water. If the tube line is frozen, call the Appliance Doctor for help.
- Check the ice ejector arm. The ejector’s arm ejects the ice cubes from the mold and into the ice collection bin. Make sure that the ejector arm motor is working well. If not, you can buy a new motor or contact an ice maker repair professional, Appliance Doctor.
- Check the tap valve. Tap valve is usually a small valve. It connects the ice maker water supply tube to the water pipe. It may no longer be usable.
- Check your water pressure. The pressure of water plays a vital role in making ice. If it is not strong enough, it hinders the machine to work properly.
- Check the solenoid. Make sure it is not defective and is receiving power. If it is defective, call Appliance Doctor.
If you have already done these things but your ice maker is still not making ice, it is now time to call for appliance repair in Lee County. Contact Appliance Doctor, Inc. for immediate response in fixing broken household equipment.
Appliance Doctor Inc. is a factory authorized servicer for Insinkerator in Lee County. For all your appliance repair needs contact us at Estero/Bonita – 239-992-0505, Fort Myers – 239-936-0111, Cape Coral – 239-540-9500, Naples – 239-434-7546, Marco Island – 239-642-0505, Golden Gate – 239-353-2020, and East Naples – 239-732-0111.