Having a refrigerator dispenser has its advantage in terms of convenience until it fails to dispense water and ice. Wondering why your Frigidaire refrigerator won’t dispense water or ice? There are a few common causes for this to occur. Appliance Doctor, Inc. have listed some troubleshooting tips below to assist you in identifying the source of the issue.
1. Water Filter
Common indications of a malfunctioning Frigidaire refrigerator dispenser include water filter problems. If water does not flow through the filter, it will not supply the dispenser for the production of water and ice.
Water filter issues that causes dispenser problems:
- Old filter – Over time, water filters may get clogged with the particles they screen out, which causes the reduced flow of water to the dispenser. To avoid clogging, it is advised that you replace the filter every six months.
- Filter is broken or improperly installed: Damage or improper installation may lead to leaks and poor water flow, affecting dispenser functionality. Try examining the water filter for damages and, if required, replace it. Consult the filter’s user manual to ensure proper installation.
- Non-OEM filter is installed: Using a Non-OEM filter may result in inappropriate fit and operation, hence restricting the water flow from the dispenser. When changing an old filter, always use the OEM filter brand specified in the user handbook.
2. Water Supply
The refrigerator’s water line is a made of flexible tube that carries water from your home’s water source to the refrigerator. A water input valve on the line opens and shuts to permit the passage of water. Both of these components may disrupt the refrigerator’s water supply, resulting in malfunctioning dispenser and ice maker.
Take into consideration the following water supply problems if your Frigidaire water dispenser is not functioning:
- Misaligned water supply – If the water line is misaligned, water from the household supply will not flow to the refrigerator. Move the refrigerator away from the wall and check the water line for kinks, loosening them gently to restore water flow.
- Frozen water line – When remaining water droplets freeze inside a water line, clogs may occur. Direct a hairdryer to the line to liquefy the obstruction. If your Frigidaire water line continues freezing, ensure that the freezer temperature is between 0 and 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Extremely cold temperatures might continue to freeze the line.
- Low water pressure – Water pressure is necessary for the water inflow valve to work effectively. If the pressure is too low, the valve may not open, preventing water from flowing into the dispenser. If the pressure of the valve is less than 20 psi, you may need to boost the water pressure in your house for the valve to function correctly.
- Defective water inlet valve – If the water input valve does not open or shut correctly despite receiving sufficient pressure, it may be malfunctioning. This is validated by multimeter tests indicating a loss of continuity. In this scenario, it is necessary to replace the valve.
3. Dispenser Control Board
The dispenser control board regulates the majority of the dispenser system’s functionality. If just one dispenser component is malfunctioning, it is likely that a single component has failed. In this instance, each dispenser component must be examined before to the control board. If the whole dispenser system is malfunctioning, it is more probable that the control board is at issue.
4. Dispenser Switch
The dispenser switches provide the dispenser with electricity. If one of the switches on the dispenser is damaged, the dispenser will not function. Use a multimeter to check the continuity of each switch to discover whether a dispenser switch is malfunctioning. Replace the dispenser switch if it lacks continuity.
5. Door Switch
When the refrigerators door is open, the door switch stops the ice and water dispenser. If the door switch malfunctions, the dispenser will not activate. Use a multimeter to detect whether the door switch is malfunctioning by testing its continuity. Replace the door switch if it lacks continuity when triggered.
6. Main Control Board
The primary control board might be malfunctioning. However, the control board is only to blame for this issue. Before replacing the control board, all dispenser components must be inspected. Consider replacing the main control board if none of the dispenser’s components are damaged.
Refrigerator Repair Service Provider in Southwest Florida
When purchasing a fridge, there will always be troubles along the way specifically when you have been using it for years. The good news is you can still help keep one of the most expensive and important appliances in your home running smoothly and safely with the help of Appliance Doctor Inc.
When in search of a renowned company prepared with a knowledgeable refrigerator repair technician, we are here to administer you with your refrigerator repair needs. We are completely licensed and devoted to performing a same-day service, and ready to assist the clients 24/7.
For the refrigerator or any appliance repair needs, contact us at 239-992-0505 (Estero/Bonita Springs), 239-936-0111 (Fort Myers), 239-540-9500 (Cape Coral), 239-434-7546 (Naples) 239-642-0505 (Marco Island), and 239-732-0111 (East Naples).