Finding your perfect freezer and ice maker appliance is no easy task, so we created a short buying guide to help you make an informed decision when choosing a freezer and ice maker.
There is a range of factors you must take into consideration when choosing a new freezer and ice maker, choosing the perfect brand of freezer and ice maker for your home is only half the work.
Factors to Take into Consideration
Choosing the right style of freezer and ice maker is only the first step. Next, narrow your search by looking for selling features that appeal to your needs. Some features to take into consideration include:
- Take careful measurements of the size you have available for your new ice maker and choose one with the proper dimensions.
- Measure the height, width, and depth of the space available and compare it to the dimensions of the unit you’re considering.
- Determine how much ice is produced per day.
- Some also have speed-production modes for last-minute ice on demand.
- The capacity of the unit will differ from the production capabilities of the unit.
- To reach total possible production, the internal storage area may need to be emptied throughout the day.
- If you choose an ice maker without a reversible door, make sure to consider if the direction of the door swing will accommodate the space you have available.
- Some ice makers need to be installed with proper drainage while others, such as portable models, do not require a drain.
- If you purchase a unit that requires drainage, you may also need to consider professional installation or preparation of the area.
- Some ice makers offer integrated filters that eliminate contaminants from the ice prior to freezing, which is a great feature for ice you’ll use in beverages.
- Running your ice maker all day takes energy.
- Choose an ice maker to keep operating costs and the carbon footprint of your home as low as possible.
- Many ice makers come with accessories, including removable bins that make it easy to transfer ice and ice scoops.
9. Weather Resistance
- If you’re using the ice maker on a deck or patio, check the specifications to ensure it is certified for outdoor use.
- Ensure that the finish and construction of the ice maker will hold up to heat, humidity, and exposure to the elements.
- Take a look at the manufacturer warranty when narrowing it down to the last few models to aid in your decision about which ice maker to purchase.
- Drainage holes in the bottom of a freezer make defrosting and cleaning the unit easier as ice and water are directed to the drain and outside of the unit.
12. Placing your freezer
- The amount of space that you have will dictate what style of freezer you can get.
As you’ve seen, choosing the right freezer and ice maker really is more complicated than finding something that will keep things cold. You have a lot of options to consider and taking some time to work out what you really want from a freezer on the market is the best fit for you will ensure you’re more likely to be happy with your purchase.
Freezer and Ice Maker Repair In Fort Myers
Most families cannot afford to do without a freezer and ice maker. Therefore, when the freezer and ice maker start playing up it can be a major problem.
Occasionally, families will choose to buy a new appliance simply because they can’t arrange an appointment for a freezer and ice maker repair company to come to assess the problem. Other people assume that a repair will cost the same amount as a new appliance and opt to replace it to keep things simple.
Freezers and ice makers are our specialty at Appliance Doctor, we fully appreciate the inconvenience when an appliance stops working as it should. That’s why when your appliance needs a freezer repair and ice maker repair, we’re here to help.
We are ready to attend to your appliance, so we can come out to you quick same day and next day appointments available!