Dishwashers can last between seven to twelve years and have an average of nine to 10 years of working expectancy. When you start to notice something wrong with your dishwasher it’s time to call Appliance Doctor Inc. for a proper and professional inspection to prevent further damage to your dishwasher. Dishwashers can go years without repair but when it happens they should be repaired by your trusted and professional Appliance Doctor Inc.
Why does my dishwasher have an odor and how do I fix it?
If your dishwasher was just installed, it is normal for there to be a “new” smell at first. This goes away over time and usage. Leaving soiled dishes in the dishwasher too long can create an odor.
If you are not ready to run a full cycle, use a rinse-only cycle to help with any odors. Check to ensure your dishwasher is properly draining.
What are normal dishwasher operations sounds?
It is normal for you to hear the water filling in your dishwasher along with water circulating and the motor running. If you hear a knocking or banging sound, check to ensure you do not have dish, pot, pan, or utensil causing the spray arm to circulate improperly.
For models equipped with the fan-assisted Even Dry or Perfect Dry system, it’s normal to hear the fan operate at various times during the cycles.
Why is water in the dishwasher after it runs?
It’s normal to see some water in the bottom of your dishwasher after a wash cycle is completed. If you notice water covering the filter screen, try these tips:
- Check that the drainage system is free and clear of debris.
- If your dishwasher is hooked up to a garbage disposal, run the disposal to clear the drain system.
- If you have a new garbage disposal, the ”knock-out” plug might need to be removed from the disposal. (This step can occasionally be overlooked during installation.)
Why are my dishes not dry when using the Air Dry option?
If the Air Dry option is selected, the unit will not energize the heating element. While this option reduces energy consumption, it will reduce drying performance. It is normal for items in the dishwasher not to be fully dry at the end of the cycle.
What can I do if my dishwasher is not starting?
If your dishwasher was just installed, there are few things you will want to check if it’s not starting:
- Ensure the water supply and/or circuit breaker have been turned “On”.
- If your kitchen is equipped with an “On/Off” switch for your dishwasher, make sure it’s flipped on.
Some additional tips:
- Check to see if Child Lock or Delay Start have been activated.
- After pressing Start, the door must be completely closed within a few seconds. If not, the cycles and options selected will be cancelled, and you will need to reselect in order for the dishwasher to start.
What should I do if my dishwasher is not draining?
If your dishwasher was recently installed and hooked up to a food waste disposer, make sure the disposer is empty and the knockout plug has been removed. It is usually located inside the food waste disposer inlet.
- You will also want to ensure the sink spigot is not clogged.
- Ensure the drain hose is free of kinks and bends.
- Check to see if the cycle is complete, not in a pause.
- Check the cylinder fine and coarse filter for food debris.
Proper repair is important to maintain the quality of your dishwasher. Water leakage from your dishwasher can lead to water damage to your property and can be catastrophic. Leakage is also unsanitary and messy. Using dishes that are not properly cleaned and washed can cause illness to your family. Double-check your utensils before using them, it is important that you use clean and sanitary utensils.
Contact Most Trusted Dishwasher Technician in Southwest Florida
If your display is showing an error message or these steps above did not address your concern, you may need to contact professional dishwasher technician for assistance.
We, at Appliance Doctor Inc., have been servicing our valued customers since 1993 in Southwest Florida. Servicing Estero, Bonita Srpings, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, Marco Island, Golden Gate and East Naples.
From consultation to repair we have it all! Call us at Estero/Bonita – 239-992-0505, Fort Myers – 239-936-0111, Cape Coral – 239-540-9500, Naples – 239-434-7546, Marco Island – 239-642-0505, Golden Gate – 239-353-2020, and East Naples – 239-732-0111 or you can contact us online to schedule service.