Appliance Doctor, Southwest Florida’s leader in refrigerator repair, has gathered information from some of the biggest brands to share what technological innovations and advancements we can expect in the refrigeration industry.
Glass doors are functionally designed with double glazed glass which boost refrigeration efficiency. Additionally, glass doors provide attractive displays, and are easy to stock, organize and clean.
2. Craft Ice Makers
Fridges are meant to be built with ice makers for years, however, technological advancements keep refrigerators developing and upgrading. Latest fridge ice maker trends are designed to produce ice of much higher quality, increased quantity, and/or more quickly.
- Bosch 500 Series Refrigerators create up to 12 pounds of freshly-filtered ice per day.
- LG Craft Ice Refrigerators dispense traditional cubed or crushed ice, in addition to round craft ice.
3. Ethylene Filters
Ethylene, a naturally produced plant ripening hormone, controls the processes correlated with the ripening of fruit. The removal of ethylene gas yields product freshness, longevity, and waste reuction.
- Eliminate produce waste by up to 29%
- Eradicate airborne mold spores and bacteria
- Preserve freshness
- Prevent early ripening and decay
- Remove ethylene gas
4. Artificial Intelligence (AI)
LG, Samsung, Frigidaire, and Bosch are some of the pioneers to integrate Artificial intelligence into their fridges.
Artificial Intelligence Features:
- Automatic notification when ingredients are about to expire
- Internal cameras to track contents
- Inventory updates
- Recipe suggestions based on refrigerator contents
- Shopping list production
- Text message alerts when a door is ajar
5. Convertible Bins
Unique technological innovations like convertible bins permit different temperatures in separate compartments. This separation promotes organization based on desired temperatures to avoid spoilage and contamination.
6. Double Evaporators
Typically fridges have single evaporators, which allow humidity from the freezer to seep inside the fridge. Double evaporator fridges prevent this from happening, so you can enjoy your ice cream without the smell of fish or salami.
7. Door-in-Door Designs
A door-in-door is a concealed compartment that opens when pressing a button. It allows access to frequently used items without opening the entire refrigerator, letting warm in, and is useful for anyone lingering in front of an open fridge deciding between snacks.
8. Door Alarms
Door alarms provide notification of an ajar door to prevent prematurely spoiled foods and increased energy costs.
- Call the refrigerator company
- This will send a signal to the fridge
- The fridge will self-identify the problem
- The fridge will notify the company
- A technician will arrive to your property with the replacement parts to fix the problem.
- Consequently, your service repairs are quicker and cost less.
Southwest Florida's Leader in Refrigerator Repair
Since 1993, Appliance Doctor has provided Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Marco Island, Bonita Springs, Estero, and the surrounding Southwest Florida areas with an extensive assortment of refrigeration options and refrigerator repair. Our team of experts remains current with the latest technological advances and innovations in the refrigeration industry.
Refrigerator Issues? Appliance Doctor Can Fix It!
- Cooling malfunctions
- Door Issues
- Ice build-up/ice machine breakdown
- Leaking water
- Suspect noises